Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Bad Day In Life, Perfect Day For A Book

I had a horrendous day today. To quote one of my favorite children's books, I had a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I wish I were exaggerating. We bloggers do tend to take things in life up a notch to make the blog more interesting. It was one of the days when I got in my car, I cried off and on for the first part of my trip home. You know that feeling, "Is this really my life?" I know many people have worse things in life to deal with. Today felt like overload. Days like today it is wonderful to have a long drive home. Reality is this is life, chin up, deal with it. The day was bad from early on. By lunch I was ready to call it a day. Unfortunately, I still had 3 1/2 long, excruciating hours to make it through. I decided to survive I would need a break from reality. For me, that means reading. Grabbed my book and headed to the cafeteria for quiet time.
I started a book on my lunch yesterday called, Paris Hangover. Last night I started reading, The Reader. On my lunch today I started reading, Little Children. Nothing is grabbing me. I think I will continue with Little Children tonight. It seems like the best possibility for hiding from life. Normally, I read one book at a time. Not sure what is going on this week. In my car I am listening to Grace. Very confusing! Feels like I am suffering from not just reading ADD, writing ADD too.
My point was, (see above picture), reading takes me to a happy place. When I feel stressed, sad, lonely, worried, any other not so happy feeling, books help. Grandkids help too but they are not always available at the end of a terrible day!
After dinner it will be "Pajama Time" (Someday I will write a blog with all book titles.) then curling up in my chair for some heavy duty reading. Don't freak Old Lady, I will have Idol on at the same time. By the time I go to bed, I will be in my happy place.

5 comments:

Frances @ It's Sew My Style said...

It sucks that you had such a bad day today :( I hope the books help. If it makes you feel any better, I have those "this is my life?!" days too. Tomorrow will be better.

Anderson Family said...

Of course it will be better. Tomorrow is book club day.

Munchkin said...

While of course I feel bad you had a bad day today (and I will tell you I had one as well yesterday that I literally ran out of it), I will say I never exaggerate on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

I will 'ditto' the bad day. But fortunately
I have recently acquired some 'happy pills' that I will be more than happy to share with
my friend, next week when I return from PV.
Just remember everyone is fighting a 'battle'
so you are not alone.

Anonymous said...

Your friends love you, Jane! Many of us have been where you are, and we (and you) can get through whatever it is, with mutual caring and support.