Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Swine What??

Tonight was our monthly Page Turner meeting. I can go on and on about the positives of this club. We have pulled together this odd (and I mean that in a nice way) assortment of personalities. Different ages, different stages in life. Each month we get more comfortable with each other. The hostess picks the book. That means there will be times we will read something that we would normally not read. This month is one of those books. Maybe I should talk about the food. This is the first month we met at a home. We each brought something to share. Lesson learned, we need to share what we are bringing. We had chicken, sub sandwiches, hamburgers, three meat dishes. I am not complaining it was all delicious. We also had dips and cake. Awesome! Topped off with Margaritas. Our hostess did an awesome job. We were able to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful weather. That was the huge lead to the book. It is a book review, eventually I need to talk about it.
I like Jimmy Buffett. One summer we spent a long week-end out of state with some friends, our theme song was Margaritaville. We played it over and over and over to learn all the words. It is not a good memory for my daughter. It is hard not to love Jimmy Buffett music. It is fun and upbeat. I was not expecting anything big from his book. Not only had I never read a book of his, I did not know he wrote books. He should stick to music, restaurants, and alcohol. If the book was written for junior high kids, it would probably be good. It really is about a pig. A pig that lives in a hotel with his family.
There is no reason to give details about the book. I gave it a 2 rating. It was hard to have a great discussion because the book did not have depth. That said I still enjoyed the meeting. I always enjoy spending time with this group of ladies. Here is hoping I enjoy the April book more.

No comments: