Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Happy Birthday Easy Rider

Easy Rider is on the Far Right, The Baby

Today is Easy Rider's 25th birthday.  I consider it one of the BEST birthdays.  To me 25 signified maturity.  People would take me more serious.  Not a kid anymore.  I thought 25 would be awesome.  Today, I do not remember 25.  Do not remember the birthday, the year, any of it.  I just remember wanting to be 25.
I have been taking so much grief over the blog name, Easy Rider.  After I write this blog, I will take votes.  If people still want me to change the blog name, I will.  The name will either be Easy Rider or Hope.  My Girl T suggested Hope Floats.  First I get to say why I picked Easy Rider.
Obviously, Easy Rider is not a wild child.  She is completely opposite from Wild. She lives with her Grandparents.  She not only lives with them, she adores them and is not afraid to admit she loves spending time with them.  So not wild.
She is trying to find herself.  I love this.  She wants more.  She wants to make sure she is living life to the fullest.  Most of us think that.  She is going for it.  I would consider her more introverted than extroverted.  Not exactly shy, but on the quiet side in a setting she is not comfortable in.  That said, she bought a Harley.  She rides a Harley.  To me that is not wild.  It is so brave.  I would never have the guts to do it.  Last month she attended a Harley meeting alone.  Because she wants to meet a group to ride with.  She went into a group of strangers to see about joining their group.  That is brave.
She talked me into forming a book club.  She loves stretching herself.  She loves learning new things.  She knows she wants more.  She has a passion for photography so she is working on improving her ability. 
I think all of this is impressive.  I think she is brave.  An explorer.  Even when she is scared she pushes herself. 
No she is not a bad ass.  She is not easy.  She is not a motorcycle Mama, whatever that means.  She is a very polite, intelligent, girl.  I can not call a 25 year old a woman.  I like Easy Rider because obviously, she has a Harley.  She wants life to be an adventure.  She tries to fill her soul. 
Now do you get it?  Does it make more sense?  Let me know, Easy Rider or Hope?

6 comments:

North of 10th said...

Holy Moly! Best Bday present ever, I got a whole Birthday Blog! <3 I feel so special.

I don't mind the blog name, it's kind of cool. I am kind of a motorcycle nerd so it fits, I'm working on making that my passion, some people play tennis, I ride, it's bad ass in it's own, I don't-fight-or-have-tattoos-or-hang-with-the-hell's-angels-I-just-ride-for-fun-and-when-I'm-bored, sort of way ;)

Thanks for the bday shout-out... so awesome!

Flag Girl said...

Happy Birthday Easy Rider. I remember turning 25! Enjoy your day, and what the heck....get a tatoo today!

Milhouse said...

Very Sweet blog, 25 was life changing for me. Enjoy- Easy rider & hug page turner for me.

Doc said...

Happy 25th birthday Easy Rider!! Have a great day & birthday weekend! I vote to keep the name Easy Rider.

Munchkin said...

I don't know how you can not like the name after that tribute!!! Happy Birthday a day late...too bad it was too cold to ride yesterday

North of 10th said...

Thanks guys!