Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I Have A Fever

That's right, Olympic Fever has taken over.  I am a big fan of swimming and gymnastics.  I also enjoying diving, not synchronized diving, regular diving.  I do not get why someone decided to have two people dive at once.  Does not make any sense to me.  What next?  Two girls performing synchronized parallel bar routines.  It is not necessary.  I admit it takes skill.  The amount of time they practice has to be crazy.  Still.....do not need it.
I love women's sand volleyball.  Some of you might not know I was a Captain for my Volleyball team in high school.  We made it to the Championship Game of Sectionals.  No, I was not a spiker or a blocker.  Once in a while I could throw down a ding.  I watched an awesome sand volleyball match tonight.  I cannot wait until tomorrow night when the USA Teams compete against each other for Gold!!  Spoiler Alert:  People better not ruin this for me.  Hubby came into the living room tonight to ask me if I was yelling and clapping watching sand volleyball.  I was.  I was on the edge of my seat.  He watches Nascar.  He really does not get to say anything about my sports viewing.
Unfortunately, Hubby also came into the living room during the Floor Exercise event of gymnastics.  I was not wishing for a fall.  I do not want anyone to get hurt.  I do yell "stumble" once in a while.  It was not me that asked for the last girl to fall out of the circle.  I knew USA already had the Gold when I made her stumble two times.  Hubby also said it was probably not my yelling stumble that made her do it.  Whatever! 
I do not always get wrapped up in the Olympics.  This year has just been one of those years for me.  Unlike Coco, I do not yell, I can do that!!  I wish I could do that!!! 

Note:  I was almost completely turned off to this year's Olympics because of the ugly hats USA wore.  But, I realized it was not our athlete's fault.  How humiliating for them.  An international travesty.

No comments: