Sunday, August 26, 2012

Losing

Lately, I have felt like I am in a foot race with life and life is winning.  I CANNOT keep up.  This is coming from someone that does not have little children to get ready for the school year.  It is crazy. 
My days are long.  I leave for work by 6:30 in the morning.  There are days I leave by 5:30 am.  That is rough.  I do not get home until 5:30-5:45.  That is a big chunk of my day. 
Part of the problem is, I have been obsessed with researching beauty items.  It is very time consuming.  I have also spent a few hours a week making items.  That is taking a chunk out of my time.  I think I am going to settle on a few items that I think are the best and stick with those.  Yesterday, Tru Stories asked me to make an organic bubble bath for the little girls.  They love bubble baths and we hate chemicals in the bubble bath.  That forced me to spend more time researching on the computer. 
Today I slept too late.  Grocery shopped.  Did my laundry.  Made brown sugar scrub, bubble bath, and gardener's scrub.  I made dinner tonight and dinner for tomorrow night.  Folded a stack of towels that had been washed and never put away.  (Uncle does not mind washing & drying, he is not great on the folding.)  Yesterday I spent time with Tink and The Kid.  Got my haircut.  Cleaned.  Found time for a nap.  Purchased paint for the spare bedroom. Picking paint color is time consuming and painful for me.  In the end, it was lighter than I planned.  Went out for the evening.
Reads like a productive week-end.  What I did not get done was:  cleaning the closet in the kid's room.  Trying to sort out toys they do not play with.  Cleaned the book room.  A path through would be good at this point.  I have not started the August book club read.  That meeting is Wednesday.  Ugh!  Too much to do!
This week I have a dentist appointment to get ready for a crown tomorrow night.  That means I stay in the city.  It is an evening appointment.  I have a chiropractor appointment right after work.  The Page Turner's meet on Wednesday night.  I need to find time to see my beautiful grandchildren.  Get the house organized so we can go out of town next week-end.  I am sure there are things I am not even thinking of right now.
There was a sigh of relief in that last paragraph.  Friday night we leave for our 2nd Annual Trip to Green Lake, WI.  We will stay at Hubby's brother's house on Friday night.  Leave early in the morning on Saturday for our trip.  This year we are staying at a Bed & Breakfast called Angel's Inn.  It is right on the lake.  It is a mansion that was converted to a Bed & Breakfast.  It looks absolutely beautiful.  We have both rooms on the third floor.  We will meet my friend and her family in Green Lake.  They will pick us up in their pontoon boat.  Let the relaxing begin.  Seriously, out in the middle of the lake on a boat, there is nothing to do but relax.  This week I will keep my eye on the prize.  I hope to come home energized.  Ready to get some organization back into my life. 
Anyone else out there suffering from too much to do, too little time?

4 comments:

North of 10th said...

None of the things I have to do are productive, but I definitely feel there are not enough hours in the day to complete my non productive items. I decided to take Friday off, now I feel like I need something to do to make me feel productive, I need a weekend getaway. I'm jealous. You can do it, just keep your eye one the prize!

Unknown said...

I will give you a list of things I need to get done. That should make you feel productive.
Will that work?

Millhouse said...

i have 3.5 weeks left before our happy little family of 3 is completely turned upside down. and i have a million and one things to do.
and it's still 115 degrees outside.
i feel ya.

Tru Stories said...

I'm not even sorta on top of my life right now... I even had a Dr confirm it today...