Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Levels of Stress

I thought once my children were adults most of my stress about raising them would end.  I won't speak about my son because the reality is, he will never be raised.  I will address Tru Stories.  She has a home, Coach, three kids, a wonderful little Maggie Mae, her own business, and a van.  Sounds like my stress should be over.  It just goes to another level.  A better level, but there is still stress.
The last few months I have watched Tru Stories worry about sending The Kid to private school.  Honestly, I was completely behind it from the start.  I think it was the same for TS.  We loved the idea of him going to the new school.  We disliked the idea he would not be at our school.  Personally, I loved knowing he was attending the same school Hubby and I attended.  I did not get to share that history with my children. 
This is one of those instances where I felt double stress.  I dislike seeing my daughter worrying about the best decision to make for her child.  I really, really dislike seeing The Kid sad.  They each have a big section of my heart.  When I received the call after school today from The Kid, it was a HUGE relief.  He sounded so happy.  When he is happy, it makes all of us happy.  I love my school.  The little girls are there.  I already shocked Tink with the fact I was little once and went to school there.  I know there will be a day when The Kid is back in our schools.  I hope he enjoys every second of the time he spends in his new school.  Kid work on looking at the positives.  You have so many blessings.  Use the big brain of yours and count those blessings. Love you so much!
In the last week I have communicated with The Old Lady about her stress as a Mother and a Grandmother.  Her family has suffered a terrible loss.  Old Lady is helping guide her daughter and grandchildren through the loss of a husband/father.  I cannot imagine the pain OL is feeling.  Not just her loss of a family member, watching the people she loves most suffer.  She cannot make their pain go away.  What I know about the Old Lady is she is strong, (like an Ox), she loves deeply, she is wise, she knows when to help and when to step back.  She will give all the support she can and when it is time to to step back, OL will.  That is how strong she is.  Please say a prayer for my friend, her daughter and two children too young to even understand how much they just lost! 
We never stop worrying about our children.  We always want the best for them and for our grandchildren.  Don't worry Flag Girl, it gets easier to sleep at night.  Most of the time.  You will crawl out of that scary basement soon.

2 comments:

The Mrs. said...

I think Oprah needs to come back on the air just long enough to award Old Lady a much deserved 10 day trip to an awesome exotic location. She deserves it. Praying for you, your daughter, her children, OL.

Tru Stories said...

I am very sorry for Old Lady and her daughter and grandchild. I can not imagine...