Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Journey

In the Fall I started attending church.  It has always bothered me that I did not have a church of my own.  I was baptized but my family did not attend church.  When I married Hubby we would attend his family church once in a while.  I knew something was missing in my life because I was not attending church.  Last week I became an official member of a church.  It was the church I was baptized in.  I go alone.  I have a good friend that also attends the church.  If she is there, I sit with her.  If not, I sit alone.  I even went alone on Christmas Eve.  The thing is, I am fine with going alone.  I wanted a church I felt comfortable in.  This is it.
The Pastor is an Interim Pastor.  She will only be there a year or so.  I really like her.  She comes into Coco's once in a while to chat with me.  Great lady!!  She asked how I wanted to celebrate becoming a member.  I said, nothing please.  It has always embarrassed me that I did not have a church.  This is between me and God.  The church does not get new members.  I did relent and say it can be announced at the next service. 
Tonight I will attend my first Ash Wednesday service.  I'm excited.  All of this makes me so happy.  Since I made the decision to leave SF, I have felt like God was leading me down this path.  I knew the next step had to be church.  I know this is ridiculous.  I feel happy knowing if I die, there will be a Pastor that knows me to do the service.  That comforts me.
Just one of many positive changes in my life.

No comments: