Thursday, March 6, 2014

To Heather

“If you have good friends, no matter how much life is sucking , they can make you laugh.”
―   P.C. Cast

There is not a quote that describes our time in CSU better than the one above.  We had some laughs.  Enjoyed some good times.  Shared our agony during the bad days.  Book club days were always good days.  I'm going to use quotes for your send off.  We share the love of quotes!!

“Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit.”
Aristotle 

“There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature.”
P.G. Wodehouse    Tru Story!!!

“There is no mistaking a real book when one meets it. It is like falling in love.”
Christopher Morley, Pipefuls      I wonder if life were filled with only five star books if we would stop appreciating how good they were? 

“Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can't practice any other virtue consistently.”
Maya Angelou    You have certainly found courage this year!!!

“You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club.”
Jack London      I cannot wait to see how you grow in the next year.  You need to keep that blog going so we can share in all the new things you experience.

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”
Dr. Seuss         As miserable as we all ended up being in CSU so much of it was life changing.  I got to have the book club I always dreamed of.  I found friendships that will last a life time.  All the good times and bad times are a part of who we are now.  I think there will be tears on your last day.  Just remember to smile on your way out.  You are going on such an adventure!!

“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next.
Delicious Ambiguity.”
Gilda Radner

Good luck to you my friend.  I know we will stay in touch.  Unless the new electronics get too complex.  Skinny won't be around to teach me how to use them.  When we text and e-mail, I will still picture you at the end of the row with your flag up!!

See you soon!!  Hugs & Love coming at you.








2 comments:

North of 10th said...

"To have a friend, you must be a friend" - Old Lady

"I always knew that when I looked back on the times I cried I would smile. But I never knew that when I looked back on the times I smiled I would cry."

"I've learned that goodbyes will always hurt, pictures will never replace being there, thanks is a feeble word, memories forget the hard times, words can never replace feelings, and heroes often go unsung."

"I cannot say goodbye to those whom I have grown to love, for the memories we have made will last a lifetime, and will never know a goodbye."

"How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."

"I don't remember who met who first. I just remember all of us being friends."
- St. Elmo's Fire -

"You know a friend is found when you are happy to see them. You know love is found when it hurts to leave them."

I am going to miss everyone very much! I will for sure stay in touch! Thank you for all your kind words. I can't wait to see you in the sunshine!

Anonymous said...

Love your quotes. PT