Friday, May 16, 2014

A Trip Down Oprah Lane

This morning I needed something special to life my day a bit higher.  I needed my Oprah bag.  I grabbed it and started down the Oprah path.  Later, I was talking to Tru Stories.  She randomly said, "Do you remember that one time we went to the Oprah Show?"  The fact that both of us had Oprah on our mind took us back to the "Season of Oprah."  The last few months before the end of the show.  The frenzy to get tickets.  How much fun we had going to the show.  Will always be one of my great memories.  The date was, May 3rd.  I was at work.  Eating lunch at my desk.  Tru Stories called and told me to read her blog.  I said, I just did.  She said, No, I just put up funny pictures of the girls.  I pull up the blog to this......

This is NOT a Joke....
Dear Mom-

If you are not too busy....

The Oprah Winfrey Show just called me.
They have awarded me TWO tickets for tomorrow's show, after reading my letter.

The Show is starring Julia Roberts and Tom Hanks.
We can leave tonight, to privately view their brand new movie and then we need to be at the Harpo Studio by 7:00am tomorrow morning, for the taping.

Soooo...
Wanna go???
 
After that is was pure chaos.  Me screaming.  People running to my desk.  We hang up.  All of a sudden I realize I need to leave immediately to make it home, pack, get to Chicago for a private screening.  I think I called every single person I knew on my way home.  I needed to say, I'm going to Oprah, over and over......
It was a wild ride.  Less than 24 hours after it started, we were on our way back home.  Good times.  I miss Oprah.  I still do not have the OWN network.  Sigh......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I clearly remember that day. Good memory :-)
Hockeygram