Friday, May 23, 2014

Have A Great Summer!

Today was my last day volunteering at the Grade School.  Sad Face!!  It has been a wonderful experience.  I was only in the classroom an hour a week and it was exhausting.  Mrs. R is already planning on getting Coco in her class so I can help her again.  I will see how my schedule is in the fall.  I might find time to help next year.  It is very rewarding.  Watching the kids start reading more quickly is wonderful.  I have been timing them since January.  Today most of the kids reached their all time best speeds.  Good way to end.  The downside to that is the kids that will struggle with reading all their lives.  I hope it is only reading out loud that is the problem.  It is unimaginable that people do not enjoy reading.  Though I live with a man that has not read a book since he graduated from College.  Unreal!!  Unless children's books count (and they don't).  He did read to our children.  He has even read to the grand children.  He likes to leave words out and shorten the story.  I love it when he is caught cheating!
I made special treat bags for my last day at school.  The class gave me a gift.  They had their picture taken holding up letters that spelled:  Thank you Miss Jane.  Made me very happy. The gift certificate to Cold Stone Creamery was a nice touch too!

No comments: