Thursday, June 5, 2014

We Had Traveling Beads


 For whatever reason Old Lady thought we needed beads for our travels. They were lovely and we received several comments about them.
Old Lady and I travel well together. We are both low key. Enjoy laughing. Very low maintenance. We were dropped off at Midway by a sweet friend. Within minutes of arriving in the airport we were separated by security. Old Lady was sent down a long,  curving hall. I assumed she was in the "you look safe, we do not need a body scan line." I hoped she would be waiting at the end of my security check. She had our gate info. Finally, I see her scanning the crowd for me. After almost jumping up and down she noticed me. I found out later she was looking for a lady in a turquoise top. I was wearing brown. To be safe she sent a text with our gate number in case she was not able to find me. It was the wrong gate number. At this point we realized we needed those wrist leashes parents use with toddlers. We were very relieved to get on the first plane safely. I learned quickly that I still hate to fly. New to my flying is I can no longer sleep on the plane I hate being on.
After a very long evening, two planes and a layover, we arrived safely. We were very proud of ourselves. Easy Rider picked us up and our first stop was In and Out Burgers. A yummy treat.
Old Lady and I stayed at different locations. She was with Easy Rider, I stayed with Arizona and her family. Arizona and I stayed up very late. She has a very nice, comfy home. Her older son was awake and ready for gifts. He wanted a giant lollipop. He was disappointed with the little one he received. That was because of his Mom. I was ready to go HUGE.
I had a large blow up bed that was very comfy. Also, very dangerous....
In the next installment you will find out why.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

remember....Our lessons come from the journey, not the destination
OL

Anonymous said...

You left us hanging about how or why the blow up bed was dangerous.
SK