Wednesday, July 30, 2014

What Am I Busy Doing?


I love event planning!  This is what I am a part of right now.  It was something I wanted to do.  I teamed with the new organization in Dwight and it is happening.  I am not in charge.  That is fine with me.  I just want it to happen.  I picked the music.  I am very excited about the group of people that are performing.  I was even able to get my friend, Marcos, to perform.  Since I am not one of the main planners, I should get to enjoy the event.  This should be a great time in our community.  Music, food, beer, softball, and entertainment for kids.  All in our beautiful park.  A town can never have too many music events!!!
I have been reading.  Quite a bit of reading.  That could be a reflection on not being busy enough at work.  Not a good thing.  My book club just read Aviator's Wife.  We read it last year in The Page Turners.  Still a great read.  Still a great discussion.  I think I picked up more about Charles this time.  Did not dislike him as much as I think something was wrong with him.  Maybe autism. 
I am reading, The Fifth Discipline by Peter M. Senge.  A friend and I are reading it together.  Having discussions about it.  It gets into organizing and practicing organization.  Finding who you are, what you should be doing.  The book helps figure out what your goals and potential is and how to achieve those goals.  Not a pleasure read!  It is very interesting.  I am starting to think women in their 50's are more confused about what path we should be on than any other time.  We have more freedom to do what we want, we just have to figure out what we want to do.  This should be a great self-study.  I was at Barnes with The Kid on Sunday.  I picked up a companion book for this study, Character Makeover by Katie Brazelton and Shelley Lamb.  All of this self-study was brought on by my friend giving me a quiz about myself.  It is hard to answer the most basic questions about how I felt, what I want.  That put me on the road to self-discovery.  Sure, I might have too much time on my hands.
That is not a pleasure read.  I am still reading books for pleasure.  Too many free books on kindle.  They are usually predictable, cute stories.  I will post about them another time.  Now, it is time to do some reading. 
What is everyone reading this summer?  Anything great???

No comments: