Thursday, March 13, 2014

I Have Two Cats

My grand kids always want to play with my phone.  They know how to delete things.  They know how to add things.  Sunday night after the girls had left I started hearing meowing coming from my phone.  I looked and there is this cat holding itself because it had to go to the bathroom.  So I hit the button and the cat goes in a stall.  This cat, which Tink named Grammy, does a dance to keep from peeing itself.  Too hilarious. 
Later it meows because it is hungry.  It also meows for attention.  If you rub it right, it purrs.  Now I'm not going to lie, this cat is needy.  Several times a day in needs attention.  The strange thing is, I like this cat.  We have a great relationship.  It makes me laugh.  I know where to rub it to make it purr.  I feed it all kinds of cool food.  No litter box to clean out.  I wanted to change it into a Siamese cat.  I have always wanted a Siamese.  Unfortunately, I did not have enough coins for that.  I do not know how to make more coins.  I do not want to know how to get more coins.  Right now, it is me and Grammy The Cat.
Right, I have a "real" cat at home.  I feed it.  I clean the litter boxes.  It does not come near me.  Especially, since I brought Sassy into the house.  The cat does not like Sassy.  He spends quite a bit of time making Sassy's life miserable.  Sure I could sit and pet the cat.  IF, I wanted to be attacked.  It is not that kind of cat.  Benny does not like to be touched.  In the old days he would sit on my lap.  He likes to sit on laps.  He does not like to be pet while he is doing it.  Benny will jump out of hiding and attack for the pure sport of it.  He does not do it to humans much since we got Sassy.  Poor, happy little Sassy.  She will be skipping along and Benny will pounce.  Very sad to see. 
Benny does sit on Hubby's lap.  They have an understanding.  Benny can sit with him and there will be no touching.  Benny likes to sit on the back of Hubby's chair.  Once in a while he likes to lick Hubby's hair.  That does not go over well.  There is to be no affection passed between the two of them.
Recently, Benny has discovered the basement as a safe place.  No adorable little Sassy skipping around the basement.  Benny goes down and can sleep for hours with my son.  They have formed a deep sleeping bond.  One rule.  No litter box in the basement.  When Benny wants up he will meow until he is heard.  (Something like my new awesome cat.)  We let him out of the basement.  He does he thing, maybe gets a drink, eats, heads back downstairs.  I can go days without seeing this cat.  Does not bother me.
Sure, I could delete Grammy from my phone.  It just doesn't feel right.  She really belongs to Tink.  We will talk about if it is appropriate to get a kitten and make me take care of it.  When she got is Sunday it was a kitty.  It is now an adult.  Speaking of Grammy, she needs to get up and eat and have some attention.

2 comments:

arizona said...

the other night in an effort to be more productive, i deleted all my current app/game obsessions.
the next day, i was bored, obviously. i considered this app for half a second.
hilarious. is kitty still alive?

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, yes. I thought I put her down the other day. It did not take.