Wednesday, April 2, 2014

It Really Is For Real

The other day I made it official, I bought plane tickets for a trip to Arizona.  The Old Lady and I are taking a long week-end to visit Arizona and Easy Rider.  The e-mails have been flying.  Making plans where we will go, what we will do.  I will be staying with Arizona.  Old Lady will stay with Easy Rider.  They live 10 minutes apart.  They have not met yet. 
First I would like to mention that I hate to fly.  I mention this to remind my friends how much I love and miss them to get on a plane.  Hate flying......
Arizona wanted us to take an epic trip to the Grand Canyon.  I am the only one of the group to have seen it.  Old Lady nixed that.  People can fall into the canyon.  Obviously, we have some issues within our group.  Still, this will be a wonderful trip.
Looks like we have all agreed on visiting Jerome.  An old copper mining town, now a ghost town.  (I probably should not have used the word ghost.)  Hope our small group does not have any fear of ghosts!!! 
We are very excited to have a book club meeting while we are together.  We have still not decided on a book.  It has to be an easy read.  Arizona and Easy Rider do not have time to devote to reading right now.  Speaking of being book nerds, we want to visit a three story Barnes & Noble while we are together.  Might have our book club meeting there.  Seriously, I cannot imagine how excited we will be. 
I am anxious to see both my friend's homes.  I want to accurately picture them when I think of them.  I am excited to spend some alone time with Arizona.  Over the top excited!!!  I hope her beautiful boys will warm up to me.  We have not lived in the same state for years and have managed to stay close.  Having a few days with her will be so wonderful!!!
The time will be mainly about good friends.  Throw in some good food.  Lots of laughter.  I know it will be a great vacation.

No comments: