Friday, April 11, 2014

What Do We Think Of The News

I feel like I should say something about the news on Tru Stories blog.  It feels like people are probably wondering how the family is taking it.  I have made comments on the TS blog regarding being upset.  Yes, it is upsetting to us.  That house has been a part of my life for over 35 years.  It was the house Hubby grew up in.  So many family dinners.  So many great memories.  The house I grew up in was sold when I was 18.  So Hubby's family home, feels like home to me.  I am more comfortable there than the house I currently live in.  I would buy it in a heart beat if it worked for my son.  Unfortunately, it does not.
When I walk through the door now, it is TS house I see.  So many changes.  All good!  There is one spot that belongs to my mother in law, the kitchen window.  She was in the kitchen most of the time.  At the sink preparing meals or cleaning up from meals.  I can stand there and feel her presence looking out the window.  I know she watched her kids play in that yard.  She watched her grandkids in that yard.  She was able to watch two great-grandchildren too.  When we pulled up to the house, most of the time we would see her at the window.  By the time we got out of our car she would be at the door, wiping her hands dry on an apron.
Hubby and I purchased the house after my in-laws passed on.  It happened too quickly and too close together.  At the time we were not living in town.  We had no plan to move back here.  (At least Hubby did not!)  Tru Stories rented the house, then Coach entered the picture.  They rented until they could buy it.  We did not purchase the house thinking it would always be in the family.  We just knew it was too soon to let it go.  That it stayed in the family for so long was a blessing.
Hubby has other concerns.  He is not a guy that would fix up a house and move on.  He cannot imagine doing all that work and leaving.  In his world, people do not leave a nice house because they want something different.  It is not something he can wrap his brain around.
The things that upset me are losing special times with the kids.  In the warm weather TS will walk them over to our house.  The Kid can ride his bike over.  I love driving by their house on my way to and from work.  I love stopping for hugs if I need them.  I love seeing the girls on the swings.  The other side of town feels like the other side of the world. 
Ultimately, I am a Mom.  I want my kids and grandkids to have what makes them the most happy.  If getting another house does it, I support the decision.  (Which does not mean, there will not be tears!)  If you or someone you know is thinking about looking at the Tru Stories house, do it.  Along with all the beautiful rooms, huge yard, you will also gain a home that has always known love.  That is not easy to find today.  In 57 years only two couples have lived in that house.  Both couples were madly in love. They knew the meaning of family.  They sat around the dinner table to eat.   Hopefully, the next couple will fill it with the same kind of love.
I have so many memories of that home.  Even if someone from our family is not living there, I know the memories will stay with me.  As Tru Stories said, hope it happens quickly, like ripping off a Band-Aid.  Less painful!

No comments: